Open call for The Supporting Act Foundation
With the Supporting Act Foundation, website WeTransfer (a service to send large files for free) offers three programmes designed to create better opportunities in the arts, carving a space for marginalised communities and supporting art-focused organisations in making long-term, systemic change.
- The Creative Bursary: for undergraduate students from marginalised backgrounds interested in pursuing a career spanning technology and the arts. Ten bursaries of € 10,000 are available for tuition fees, living costs, study materials, or other educational costs.
- The Impact Grant: for underfunded grassroots organisations connected to social, intersectional, or environmental justice. Six unrestricted grants of € 25,000 are available for covering operational costs.
- The Community Grant: for artist-led initiatives focused on building networks of emerging artists, particularly from marginalised backgrounds. Ten grants of € 20,000 to cover project-related costs.
Who can apply
- Students in the final year (2022-2023) of any kind of undergraduate course who are pursuing a career at the intersection of arts and technology
- Grassroots organisations registered between 2017 and 2021 as non-profits
- Individuals, collectives or organisations who run artist-led initiatives oriented to build and/or support communities of artists from underrepresented and/or marginalised groups
- All of the above must be based in the UK, NL, ES, FR, IT, or DE
- Creative Bursary: 19 September 12PM CET
- Impact and Community Grants: 26 September 12PM CET