Defining Fair International Cooperation
How to realise international fair practice for artistic and cultural cooperation? Join the Meetup Defining Fair International Cooperation.
How to realise international fair practice for artistic and cultural cooperation? DutchCulture hosts the Defining Fair International Cooperation meetup as part of the Forum on European Culture. During this meetup, IETM, the largest performing arts network in the world, will present the toolkit for international artistic and intercultural engagement. This toolkit was developed in collaboration with DutchCulture and On The Move to address and create awareness about inequality and privilege in international cultural projects and cooperation.
After the presentation of the toolkit, an international panel of art professionals from Suriname, Morocco, Indonesia, the UK and The Netherlands will discuss their professional experience in international cultural cooperation and which solutions from the toolkit are useful to their professional practice. Which changes can and should be made? How can we define fair international practice for all and what would tangible solutions look like?
- Sanaa El Younsi (Curator Musée Yves Saint Laurent, Marrakech, Morocco)
- Mike van Graan (advocate Africa’s creative sector, president of Arterial, playwright)
- Annissa Gultom (Curator museum Tribuana Komunika, Indonesia)
- Stefanie Sewotaroeno (Poet and board member Bob Saridin Institute, Vereniging voor Herdenking Javaanse Immigratie, Suriname)
- Charlotte Riley (Lecturer in Twentieth-Century British History, University of Southampton, United Kingdom)
The meet up will be moderated by Jörgen Tjon a Fong, artistic director Urban Myth.