Outlook: Japan 2020
The Netherlands and Japan share more than 400 years’ history of exchange. This exchange resulted in precious cultural heritage that inspire artists, designers and craftsmen from both countries to find each other, work together and continue the mutual inspirations. At the event Outlook: Japan 2020 we will connect the past, the present day and especially the near future of 2020, when Japan will again attract the world’s attention with the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games, and look into new opportunities and challenges for Dutch-Japanese collaboration in the arts and culture field.
At the event visitors’ from Japan will be present, among which Mr. Yusuke Nakajima, director of the Tokyo Art Book Fair, we will also unveil a Dutch cultural programme across Japan’s Kanto region throughout the year of 2020. The speakers at the event are as follows:
- Joep van Lankveld, Paralympic athlete and project leader sport participation at the Dutch Olympic Committee (NOC*NSF) will give a speech about social inclusion.
- Yusuke Nakajima, director of Tokyo Art Book Fair will introduce his organisation, its vision and efforts in bringing people together in Japan.
- Olivier Fabre, Tokyo Pride House will also introduce his organisation.
- Emiko Chujo, director and founder of MONO Japan will talk about her years’ of experience resonating Japanese craftsmanship with Dutch design.
- Heidi Vogels, coordinator DutchCulture | TransArtists will share her insights into the artist-in-residence network in Japan.
With this programme we want to make contact and exchange ideas with artists and creative professionals working in the Netherlands and Japan, and develop partnerships that can contribute to a stronger Dutch-Japanese network.
Date: Thursday 12 December 2019
Time: 20.00 - 21.30, followed by a network opportunity
Location: IJ-zaal, Pakhuis de Zwijger
Attending this event is free, but a ticket is required.