COVID-19 Information for cooperation with China
Last update: 18 December 2020
General situation COVID-19
- All hands on deck in virus fight, National Health Commission (NHC) of the People's Republic of China
- Daily briefing on novel coronavirus cases in China
- Knowledge centre for China's experiences in response to COVID-19
Cultural & creative sector
- Since May/June 2020, cultural venues are mostly open and all scales of events, festivals and fairs are taking places across China, except the regions where new COVID-19 cases are found ocassionally.
- In mainland China, funds have been announced at a regional level to compensate the cease of cultural activities in the first months of 2020, including US$ 56m by the Government of Guangdong Province for cultural and tourism businesses, with a further US$ 7m for the 1325 movie theatres impacted by the crisis, in the form of tax return from last year.
- In Hong Kong, the government’s Anti-Epidemic Fund has allocated around $20 million through the Home Affairs Bureau to support the arts sector, of which over $6 million is allocated to the Hong Kong Arts Development Council to strengthen its Support Scheme for Arts and Cultural Sector.
Cultural & creative initiatives between the Netherlands and China
- On Friday 18 December 2020, the Netherlands Cultural Institute Online (NCIO) will kick off at Tencent Art Channel, one of China's most popular video streaming sites. During the coming four months, NCIO will present more than seventy exclusive art programs from the Netherlands.
- World Press Photo Special Exhibition in Shanghai
Dutch diplomatic missions in China
- The Dutch embassy in China informs about the local situation in China via the website, as well as via the information service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and via the embassy's various social media channels (Instagram, LinkedIn).
If you have specific questions related to your project in this country, please contact our advisor China email@example.com. For other general questions you can get in touch with our Mobility Info Point: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See here for more information on China in the International Cultural Policy and the database with Dutch cultural activities internationally. We make every effort to display and update the information on this page as correctly as possible. This information is not legally binding.