Video of the event Outlook: Japan 2020 now available online
The Netherlands and Japan share more than 400 years’ history of exchange. This exchange resulted in precious cultural heritage that inspire artists, designers and craftsmen from both countries to find each other, work together and continue the mutual inspirations. The event Outlook: Japan 2020 was organised to connect the past, the present day and especially the near future of 2020, when Japan will again attract the world’s attention with the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games.
The event was moderated by Jörgen Tjon A Fong and the speakers were as follows:
- Cees de Graaff, director at DutchCulture.
- Ton van Zeeland, Deputy Head of Public Diplomacy, Political & Cultural Affairs, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Tokyo (2015-2019), will be present on behalf of the embassy.
- Joep van Lankveld, paralympic athlete and project employee for Sports Inclusion at the Dutch Olympic Committee (NOC*NSF).
- Yusuke Nakajima, director of Tokyo Art Book Fair.
- Olivier Fabre, activist and journalist, representing Tokyo Pride House.
- Emiko Chujo, director and founder of MONO Japan.
- Heidi Vogels, coordinator at DutchCulture | TransArtists.
The video registration of the event is made possible by Pakhuis de Zwijger, and can been seen below.